AICO 240v Interlinked Detectors:
Smoke and Heat Alarms
- Smoke and heat alarms should be sited on the ceiling, and sited as centrally as possible within the room are installed.
- Detector must be sited at least 300mm from room wall, light fittings, obstructions, fittings or other items that can cause interference to the detector.
- By doing above it will restrict any dead air caused by corners and items that can block air flow to the detector.
- There a should be a detector sited withing 3 meters of a doorway unless sited in a HMO or flats.
- Detectors should be installed between bedrooms and high-risk room.
- Detectors should never be sited in bathroom due to the steam and moisture can cause problems with the detectors.
- Alarms should not be sited within bathrooms or too close to a bathroom door as steam and moisture can affect them.
- The Ei3024 Multi-Sensor Fire Alarm gives you a combination of both optical smoke and heat detector in one unit.
AICO 240V Smoke/Heat Detection:
Factors that you need to consider when installing Detectors:
- The detectors are to be installed on flat ceilings in the hallway and landing of the staircase. Do not install the detectors on a sloped ceiling directly above the staircase.
Peaked and sloped ceilings:
- Smoke Alarms: Detectors are to be sited at a maximum of 600mm down from the apex of the ceiling.
- Heat Detectors: Detectors are to be sited at a maximum of 150mm down from the apex of the ceiling.
Carbon Monoxide Alarms
When you go to install a Carbon Monoxide detector its sitting position will depend on whether you will have a fuel burning appliance or not.
A room with a fuel burning appliance:
- Detectors should always be installed on the room's ceiling.
- Detector to be sited 1 to 3 metres from the Carbon Monoxide source.
- Must be sited at least 300mm from the room wall, light fittings, obstructions.
- Should the fuel burning appliance be installed in a small cupboard/room that covers the fuel burning appliance then the detector should be sited on the ceiling close to the cupboard/room.
In a room without a fuel burning appliance:
- Alarms should be sited at breathing height.
- If installed within a bedroom, this could be at the height of the bedhead.
If you would like an installation quotation, then please send us a message/email or call Richard direct on 01823353525 0R 07717719484.